Sunday, November 18, 2007

Graphics subsystem of my computer

These are the components used to build the computer. After spending a long time deciding the configuration . I decided on these things. Some things had to be ordered and were not available immediately so some of the things in the pics are actually the stand-by device.

The monitor and graphic card was given as stand by for some days till the distributor brought the ordered thing.

I specifically wanted XFX 8800 GTS 320 MB graphic card.(Since it was the most i could afford). The next higher card was very expensive. The second thing which was not available right there was the monitor. I wanted the ViewSonic VX 1932wm monitor which has got better contrast and faster response times(2000:1 and 2 ms ) than the ViewSonic VG or ViewSonic VA series.

The 8800 GTS 320 is the fourth best available by nvidia and XFX is the only one sold here in bangalore. SO the decision was the XFX 8800GTS 320MB. The next available 640 MB version was 5k more than this. Anyway the more memory is useful only at resolutions greater than 16k by whatever according to your monitors ratio. Since my current monitor only goes up to 1440*900 , 320 is enough for me.

My next upgrade cycle will have the graphics subsystem as a main (and very expensive) addition to wish list.

Come to think of it, i already have upgraded my computer. From the standby system to the actual orders. So i might take easy on the upgrades right now. This machine has burnt a huge hole in my pocket and it will take a long time for the pocket to heal or maybe I'll just another trouser with new pockets.

More about the upgrade wish list later some day.

No comments:

Web Search by Google

Google
 

IP tracking Tool

Page Rank viewer

Check Page Rank of any web site pages instantly:
This free page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service