Thursday, January 17, 2008

Drill has arrived

In my last post I had mentioned something about improving the airflow in my computer cabinet and that i was gonna cut/drill some holes to fit some fans on the side panel.
Now in continuation of that story.
I had enquired about the drilling process with some engineering shops nearby. They said something like 2 Rs for every hole to be drill. I needed space for three fans and provision of all three sizes of fans 80mm, 92mm and 120mm on those. These itseld made up 48 holes. And we have not even started on the holes for the air to go in /out. That would asily be some 2-3 hundred holes. At that cost I could buy a drill set for myself.
And thats what i have done. I searched around the net for a home delivery type of drill set. Between indiatimes and rediff this drill from the same vendor was costing different. Maybe the typist or policies are different for the two sites.
OK so after a wait of about 10 days my drill set has arrived. Surprishingly lightweight package. One drill , pliers, wrench, screwdriver set, tape measure, drill bits 5 of each type(wood metal and something else). Nice package. Everyone should have one. Everything stays at one place and is easily accessible. No searching around.
So this week end i will be destroying the side panel of the cabinet by trial and error to do y personal cabinet modification. I also need to order some scythe fans from ABGB. Rally nice fans . No noise at all.
My fish tank filter/ Air pump make more noise that my CPU :)

No comments:

Web Search by Google

Google
 

IP tracking Tool

Page Rank viewer

Check Page Rank of any web site pages instantly:
This free page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service